Our mission is to enable youth to become leaders of change in their community by engaging them in relationship, equipping them with skills, and empowering them through leadership. Motivated by faith, available for all youth and committed to social involvement, Youth for Christ believes every kid can give life to their story.
The "mission statement" above is important, but not as important as the words of Jesus. In the waning moments of His earthly ministry, Jesus found a teaching moment with the twelve disciples, and He utilized every word when He said…
“The Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:35 ESV
This job description not only highlights the operating model of Jesus; it also illuminates our passion in Youth for Christ. We wholeheartedly embrace the “and” of Mark 10:35. Jesus came to serve and to deliver the message of transformation. He came to embrace and to liberate. “And” builds the bridge between two fundamental realities. It connects a call to action with an eternal perspective.
At Youth for Christ, our passion is to minister in the name of Jesus. When we do that, we choose to walk across the very same bridge that Jesus used; the “and” bridge between Christian service and the message of Christ’s sacrifice.
We are liberated by His forgiveness and we are propelled by His love; to invest, engage, confront, and proclaim as agents of mercy and ambassadors of truth. We are stewards of His message and ministers of His grace on high school campuses and in juvenile halls… in wide open spaces and on congested street corners… with the outcast and the overwhelmed… to the transparent and the terrified.
Our focus as a movement is on multiplying fruitful and sustainable Ministry Sites across the nation and around the world. We believe there are five essentials to establishing Ministry Sites.
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
What is 3Story?
It is our way of life.
3Story®is about relationships. It is a way of seeing how the relationships we have with other people and God can be connected and grown. We pray that the Lord will help us move into a way of living that seamlessly connects our relationships with others to a God who desires to be known and followed in every area of our lives. No relationship is unaffected by a 3Story approach to life.
3Story is not an evangelism tool or method, it is who we want to be and how we want to live. In YFC, 3Story is our living operating system. Our hope is that it becomes our DNA. Knowing that if we seek to abide deeply with Jesus everyday and stay saturated in His word, we will be ready and aware of the